View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008   #62
i30krab

Default Re: Favorite watch??

I found this reasonably priced watch for any of the guys when they need a present for their wife so she isn't upset with that new $250,000.00 Runco Signature Cinema SC-1 luxury home theater projector that Sam Runco calls the "crown jewel. No pun intended!

Well, the biggest work of Swiss wathcmaking was the "Kalista". Vacheron Constantin was always creating remarkable timepieces however the "Kalista" is the top one. Kalista is translated from Greek as "The most wonder". Endeed this watch is the most perfect and it is most expensive. This timepiece is recognized to be the most expensive watch on the planet.

When it was created it cost 5 million dollars and it costs even more now. Nowadays its cost is 11 million dollars.
The mechanism of this watch is quite simple: a mechanical movement that is wounded by hand. The main reason it is so expensive are the material it is made of.

Its frame is made from pure gold and it has more than 118 emerald cut diamonds. The "Kalista" has been built by hands of the best masters of the Vacheron Constantin Company. It took them 20 months to build this watch which 6,000 man hours. Isn't that incredible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vacheron-constantine-1.jpg (14.6 KB, 6 views)
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote