Thread: WinDVD 9 Plus
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008   #3
prerich

Default Re: WinDVD 9 vs. PowerDVD 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
prerich,

Do you prefer WinDVD to Cyberlink's PowerDVD?

As you may know, the latest version 8 supports HD audio and video formats including Blu-ray and AVCHD. It also has "Movie Remix" feature which allows users to "create their own stories" by rearranging scenes, adding dialog and commentary, subtitles, and on-screen effects, something I would enjoy trying out on "Memento"!

"Now CyberLink PowerDVD 8 not only offers the best movie experience on the PC, it offers a totally new way to get immersed in movie entertainment," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "PowerDVD extends the user experience from the realm of watching movies on the PC to a new online universe of shared experiences. With a built-in database for organizing a movie collection, and the ability to share information, opinions, and remixes via the online community MoovieLive, PowerDVD users now have more ways than ever to enjoy movies."
WinDVD 9 Plus - hands down. I'm even thinking about upgrading to the Plus Blu-ray version (I didn't do that because I already have 2 BD players - PDVD 7 ULTRA and Total Media Theatre, but the problems that people have encountered with PDVD - They have no problem with WinDVD 9 Plus BD). WinDVD 9 is worth it just for its all2hd upconversion it looks great!
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote