View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008   #9
i30krab

Default Re: OPPO DV-983H player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
I got an email from Oppo and they said it will be an other 9 months before a Blu Ray player sees the light from Oppo.

I would suggest that if you are interested you send them an email wih the features you would like to see for my part:

Here is the ideal Oppo Blu Ray Player

Universal Blu Ray DVD Player Features:
HIGHLIGHT OF FEATURES:

* Blu Ray, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD and DSD support, Redbook CD and HDCD Universal Playback with Precision Track 3™ Drive Mechanism
* VRS™ by Anchor Bay (Video Reference Series) Video Processing Technologies - Precision De-interlacing™ and Precision Video Scaling™ up to 1080p
* Optimized Power Supply and Audio Circuitry, High Resolution Audio Digital-to-Analog Converters, 7.1CH Surround Sound and Audiophile-Level Sound Quality

Great Picture:

* Advanced video processing featuring "VRS™ by Anchor Bay" technologies: Precision De-interlacing™ Precision Video Scaling™ Progressive Cadence Detection™, and AutoCUE-C™
* High definition up-conversion with film-like picture quality and up to 1080p "Full HD" resolution
* HDMI output with exceptional core video performance
* Component video output with 108MHz 12-bit D/A converters* (*Note: Component video output does not feature "VRS by Anchor Bay" technologies.)

Great Sound:
* 7.1-channel audio with Dolby Digital Surround EX decoding
* Digital audio output via optical, coaxial and HDMI with DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro-Logic IIx , DTS Master Audio and DD Tru HD
* HDMI 1.3 audio output supporting bit-stream and uncompressed multi-channel high resolution audio
* 24-bit, 192kHz, 8-channel high-resolution audio D/A converters
* Optimized analog audio stage and isolated audio power supply

Broad Compatibility:

* PAL and NTSC compatible with multiple output formats - NTSC: 1080p/1080i/720p/480p, PAL: 1080p/1080i/720p/576p
* Compatible with Kodak Picture CD, Windows Media Audio and other digital audio/video/picture on CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW and DVD±R DL discs* (*Note: Compatibility with user-encoded contents or user-created discs is on a best effort basis with no guarantee due to the variation of media, software and techniques used)
* Precision Track 3™ drive mechanism with dual-laser optical pickup head and excellent error correction
* Wide range universal power supply (~100-240V, 50/60Hz AC)

Ultimate Convenience:
* USB 2.0 interface for video, picture and music playback
* High resolution photo slide show
* RS232 and external IR in/out remote control integration
* Multi-disc resume, various play mode (repeat, A-B repeat, shuffle, random and bookmark)
You forgot one maor request, all the above for no more than $399.00!! lol

At that price the only way they could make a profit will be throwing all the parts in a box and DIY!
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote