View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008   #8
rlpiii

Default Re: Deciding whether to go w/ Plasma or LCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo8 View Post
Thanks for your replies. After more research I've decided to go with plasma and I've also decided that the Pioneer plasmas are the way to go, but I know have to decide which Pioneer 50" plasma is right for me. Some of the questions I'm struggling with is whether I should go with the Elite line or there non-Elite version and whether the 720p will be good enough instead of the 1080p version.

One dealer told me that I really won't be able to tell the difference between the 720p and 1080p HDTV's from 10 feet away, but he did suggest I go with the Elite series. He also said I'd be happier with the Elite 720p set over the 1080p non-Elite HDTV. I worried I might regret not purchasing the 1080p later. Anyone care to comment on what this salesperson told me and whether the Elite versions are worth the extra scratch? Thanks.
I think your dealer was trying to dump his old stock. I can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on 50" screens that are 10 feet away - as most people on this forum probably can. With that comment, I probably would have asked for another sales guy or gone somewhere else to buy. If you plan on keeping your new tv for more than a year or two, it would be prudent to invest in the most current technology so you will not be that much further behind in the future.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote