View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008   #58
Z Man

Default Re: New high-end Denon processors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Well, the Denon isn't the best bargain, I think that will have to stay with the Integra DTC 9.8 for $1,600 retail, which BTW does everything the Denon does, so much so I'm almost worried, but given this is Denon's foray back into high end, I suspect they pulled out the stops and I will fortunately know soon when mine arrives!

I will keep you posted, and I believe it will be a feature review soon!
Will be great to see a feature review on it. Yes the Denon is quite a bit more than the Integra. So what goodies differentiate the Integra DTC 9.8 from the Denon AVP-A1HDCI? Well let's see. First the Denon is a fully balanced dual differential preamp with 4 DAC's per channel, it's highly unlikely that the Integra is a fully balanced design. Also the Denon will will accept streamed music via Ethernet and Wi-Fi, the Integra doesn't. The Denon has HQV Realta video processing, and HDCD decoding. The Denon offers A/D conversion on its EXT IN., and offers much more connectivity options, like 6 HDMI ins, 12 balanced XLR pre-outs, and 3 balanced XLR subwoofer pre-outs.

I know that the Integra is a whole lotta preamp for $1600, but the Denon was geared to compete with the major players in the higher end realm of things. And now after using it for many weeks, I can easily say that it will go head to head with the best of them.

I am really looking forward to when you get your Denon AVP and put it through its paces.

Seth
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote