Thread: Kipnis Studio
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008   #2
prerich

Thumbs up Re: Kipnis Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearl8 View Post
While it isn't my theater I had the honor of experiencing the Kipnis Studio in Redding, CT this past weekend. It's without a doubt beyond anything I have seen or read about. Jeremy Kipnis is truly a virtuoso in the A/V realm. He actually referred to the room as a laboratory. I'm not sure how he came up with the specifications for his theater but it's hard to argue with the results. With a circle of McIntosh amps, a Sony 4K projector that was mind boggling, and sound that was essentially perfect it was an amazing experience. I hope to go back and visit soon! There really was no fault in the sound reproduction and it could be played very loud without distortion. The Kipnis Studio is without a doubt the benchmark for home theater performance around the world. Some of my components include Wilson Maxx 2's, Krell evo 402, and a linn unidisk 1.1 and all I can say is I have some work cut out for me to get to the Kipnis Studio level. Unfortunately to have a Kipnis Studio in my house I would need a nuclear power plant in my back yard just to turn the system on.
Now that's impressive! Some one who has heard the monolith and lived to tell about it! And coming from someone who has Wilson speakers (not me - the original poster - I wish I had Wilsons) - its just that more impressive!
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote