View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007   #4
ScottV

Default Re: Poll Of The Week: How Can Tweeter Be Saved?

I've bought both my Hidef TVs from Tweeter and found them to be highly competitive with BB and CC but the stores were empty when I was shopping. I think part of the problem is although they put out a high end image, they actually sell at midlevel. The highend image tends to scare the midlevel buyers away because they think everything is out of their price range and never go into the store. The highend people that go into the store are disappointed that Tweeter doesn't carry the brands they are looking for. If they want to continue with the model mix they currently have they have to get out there and advertise like their competition - an ad in the paper every week. It doen't have to be flashy but it has to remind people that they exist. A once every 4 month catalog doesn't cut it plus it only gets to people on their mailing list - not new customers. If they want to take the true high end approach, I think they will have a much harder time surviving because you have a much smaller customer base to start with and atleast in my area there are already two well established non-chain stores that probably have that market sewed up.

Scott
ScottV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links