Thread: Kipnis Studio
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008   #1
spearl8

Default Kipnis Studio

While it isn't my theater I had the honor of experiencing the Kipnis Studio in Redding, CT this past weekend. It's without a doubt beyond anything I have seen or read about. Jeremy Kipnis is truly a virtuoso in the A/V realm. He actually referred to the room as a laboratory. I'm not sure how he came up with the specifications for his theater but it's hard to argue with the results. With a circle of McIntosh amps, a Sony 4K projector that was mind boggling, and sound that was essentially perfect it was an amazing experience. I hope to go back and visit soon! There really was no fault in the sound reproduction and it could be played very loud without distortion. The Kipnis Studio is without a doubt the benchmark for home theater performance around the world. Some of my components include Wilson Maxx 2's, Krell evo 402, and a linn unidisk 1.1 and all I can say is I have some work cut out for me to get to the Kipnis Studio level. Unfortunately to have a Kipnis Studio in my house I would need a nuclear power plant in my back yard just to turn the system on.
spearl8 is offline   Reply With Quote