Originally Posted by rolexdaytona
What about the BDP-2000ES? Has anyone used this player? I'm looking for a dedicated blu-ray/dvd player.
Yes it's not worth the price.
I would wait for Sony BDP-S550 Blu-Ray Player 7.1 channel its half the price
* 1080/60p and 24p True Cinema output
* HDMi 1.3
* 7.1 channel Dolby® TrueHD & DD Plus decoding bit-stream output
* DTS®-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio bit-stream
* x.v.Color™ (xvYCC) technology
* Bearing support for AVCHD discs
* Compatible with BD-R/RE (BDMV and BDAV modes), DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW
(Video Mode), CD, CD-R/RW (CD-DA format), and JPEG on DVD/CD recordable
* USB port for connecting external storage and "BonusView"
* 1GB storage device (flash-based Micro Vault)
* Bonus View or BD-Live (also called Profile 2.0) with Ethernet
* DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS-HD MA decoding 7.1 channel analog
audio output.* Compatible with most standard DVDs
* 1080p upscaling through an HDMI connection
* Support for AVCHD discs
“The models offer 7.1 channel Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus decoding and bit-stream output, as well as dts-HD High Resolution Audio and Master Audio bit-stream output. The BDP-S550 adds dts-HD High Resolution Audio and dts-HD Master Audio decoding as well as 7.1 channel analog audio output.”
or the Panasonic BDP50 all same feature except 5.1 channel Dolby TrueHD and DTS MA analog