View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007   #20
deacongreg

Thumbs up Re: Chime in on my debate with AIX Records

ENOCH and DavidDeLGrosso,

Enoch, I don`t know what you listen to, but I have some high rez recordings in both SACD/ and DVD - A. And they are all older recordings. In fact, I just received, Blood, Sweat, and Tears classic Hybrid/SACD self entitled second lp. Done by the guys from Mobile Fidelity labs with their GAIN2 technology, the sound was clean, articulate, and a definitely upgrade from the original, in surround.
So, if you remember, "And When I Die", "Spinning Wheel", and "You Make Me So Very Happy", this cd will bring great enjoyment and smiles. So I suggest you try one or two, and really see for yourself.

So, David, I agree with you, new and old titles should be produced. Now, obviously, if you come across some master tapes or original source that looks like you need a miracle to get it done, then you leave those alone. That is why I suggested to Dr. Aix the CTI/KUDU label. With the legendary Rudy Van Gelder and Creed Taylor known for their high quality LP recordings, this would be a great place to start.
But, I hear you about funding and the masses. My thing really is, that this is a time where the knowledge and expertise that the high end has, would show the Best Buy, Circuit City crowd, what its all about. But we have the new format war, why?
But Enoch, get on board.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote