View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008   #5
gstarr

Default Re: Plasma Display Coalition claims Plasma not dead.

"While the Kuros seem like great plasmas, has the technology also evolved for other less-expensive brands as well? I've got around $3-$4K to spend and was wondering which way I should go? Can I get a comparable 50+" plasma for this price--or should I still be looking at LCD? What about DLP; is this still a viable technology? I'd like to get something in a 55+" set but I don't think I can do that with plasma, were as LCD and DLP appear to have several options. Any suggestions on models others like would be greatly appreciated. Thanks"

If you go to an authorized online dealer, DTV City has the Pioneer PDP-5010FD Kuro 50" 1080p for $3,299 delivered. 6th Avenue has a great deal on the big Pioneer PDP-6010FD with free shipping at $4,198.

The 1080p Panasonics are probably the second best plasmas. You can get at 6th Avenue the Panasonic TH-58PZ700U 58" delivered at a great price=$,3,040.

There isn't an LCD HDTV as good as any of the above. As long as you aren't watching in a bright room, plasma is the way to go. Also at these sizes, great LCD HDTV's are at least as expensive, if not more.

Greg
gstarr is offline   Reply With Quote