View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008   #32
pws442

Smile Re: Considering moving from the MX500 to a Harmony One

And, I still haven't gotten to the multiple zones yet! Actually, I don't plan on it. When outside, I use the other Denon Remote, and in the office, I use HyperTerm.

The difficulty was the multiple modes that the Denon remote required. Not only do you tell the Denon the source (FM, XM, iNet, iPod), but you then have to change the remote to send those commands, much like a multi-function remote itself. The 1 key has to be learned 4 times.

Anywho, I made it through the weekend after their very helpful technical support staff cloned my original Denon device into two others: FM, and iNet. They stripped out most everything from the clones, and the FM/iNet commands from the original Denon. I now add those devices to the activity I need, the original Denon always being a part.

Downside is that if I try to add iPod, I woud have to call them up and ask for help, as this cloning was done behind the scenes, and is not as simple as copying a device. But I have confidence I would receive more excellent help.

So, I think it is a keeper after all!
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote