View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008   #27
TheMoose

Default Re: Considering moving from the MX500 to a Harmony One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
Kenny: My point exactly! The ability of Harmony to get these codes and add functionality to existing components is a big plus for me.

Along the same lines, Harmony support was able to code our Harmony 880 to recognize the remote coding for four different TiVo based DirecTV receivers in our house, each seperately remote coded 1-4, but otherwise all working off the same remote codes, so that the Harmony can use an RF repeater to control each seperately. No other integrated remote except the $$$$ Crestron could do that, and we rejected the Crestron because of expense, and because it was too hard for the homeowner to program if we got a new component.

Harmony is not perfect, but it does some things very well. This is one of those things.
I have nothing but good things to say about Harmony remotes & their customer service!
On the few occasions I needed help they were quick to come up with an answer.
I set up a 880 for my parents & they know almost nothing about tech, all of their HT is pretty much my hand-me-downs but they really like the 880.

I looked at the Harmony One as an upgrade for my 880 but decided it wasn't enough of a change to be worth it to me, now if they had added bluetooth, well I'd have been on that like a frog on a June bug!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote