View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008   #10
adr5

Default Re: Pioneer Looks Toward LCD as Kuro Project Leads to Losses

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
As usual it's about the $$$. Most people will not pay for quality no matter what!

On the AVS form there are some guys complaining that anything over $200.00 for a bluray player is over priced and a waste of $$$.

AVS forms should have discussion groups at different levels so one can discuss the real world of AV to separate the wheat from the chafe. Some forums do try to have separate discussion levels but most of the time these discussions turn into fights.
It's about value for money spent. Bluray is not a good value. Unfortunately now that HD-DVD is dead, Bluray will not be a good value for a long time to come. I really wish the HD-DVD and Bluray backers could have merged the technologies to one standard. I probably won't get a Bluray player for a long time because it is not a good value. I am about to buy a new LCD TV and I am considering the Sony XBR line because I know I am getting a good value for my money, especially since I know I can get a pretty substantical discount off of list price.
adr5 is offline   Reply With Quote