View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008   #25
rlpiii

Default Re: Blu-ray Wins! But The Real Format War Has Only Just Begun

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
I won't be getting a bluray unit for at least 1 year and maybe more!

I still think they're more trouble than they're worth. Check out the AVS form where they have at least 4 threads on the latest Denon 3800 bluray MSLP $2000.00 player and you'll find most people don't have the skill or patience to properly set up and play the units.

At this point it's still for the a/v nuts to have the latest and as far as the masses buying new big screens and bluray players, so what these same people wouldn't know if their unit or as said previously their new TV was working properly. As long as they turn on and off their happy. In Vegas I have not walked into one house that sports a real home theater.
Mostly I see a large TV with home theater in a box junk that sounds awful with no set up standards period, the tvs are even worse.

Anyway I decided to send in my Pioneer dv59-avi player to Joseph Chow at Componentplus-USA and have it upgraded to reduce noise etc. this will keep me happy for another few years
You are missing out not having a HD player, it is the only way to take advantage of 1080p unless you have a scaler. But still, that is not the same.

Also, what you see in others homes that are not into high-end HT is very typical. . .HTIB + big screen w/ speakers in all the wrong places if hooked up at all.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote