View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008   #4
idahophil63

Default Re: $2500 for L/R/C speakers, what do I audition?

If the sound is good for you and you just want to update and or make it louder, upgrading to the newer Paradigims would be a great fit. If you could find a decient A/V dealer who's willing to work with you, and let you try them at home first, but I dont think you would be dissapointed. But if you want to save a little you might look at the Def Tech Mythos http://www.avrev.com/equip/definitiv...thos_speakers/ I have personally heard these on a Denon AVR-5308, I think, in a Magnolia Hi-Fi room next to some Martin Logans and some Vienna Accoustic's and the DT totally blew me away! Granted the ones in the review are the top of the Mythos line, they do come in different price levels and the centers to match. But they also had my BP's in there to and I wouldn't trade my BP's for the Mythos, but I would like to use the Mythos for a 7.1 set up for the sides and rears! That would be amazing!
With most any of the speakers I've mentioned should do the trick, now its up to you to do the leg work, so to speak, and try, try, try! Just a suggestion also, take music you are really familiar with, stuff you know every sound and instrument, for demoing, youll be glad you did!
idahophil63 is offline   Reply With Quote