View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008   #26
xorbitman

Default Re: Are Plasma TV's On Their Way Out?

Hey Guys....you too BLotus....LOL sorry couldn't resist! Anyway I think both formats are in serious trouble. I passed by the my local Sony store yesterday and had a look at the new 11" OLED TV....I was stunned by the picture quality...it was simply amazing and it was as in fact thinner than the screen of the new Apple Macbook Air! In fact has anyone seen the new Macbook Pro 17" Screen? 1920 x 1200 resolution! Stunning! However the new OLED screen is definitly the best I have ever seen! Once they start making these TV's in the larger sizes, LCD and Plasma are dead for sure!!!! I was watching a BlueRay DVD Demo (probably not true 1080P) and could see the flaws in the film....I had trouble discerning the individual pixel elements...in fact the picture was moving so fast that I could not see them up close from 2" away!

Woah! Even with lower resolution material there is less pixelization with this technology...it kind of blends things together to offer a more film like picture! I am quite certain that very soon down that video road we are in for 60" of visual treat!
xorbitman is offline   Reply With Quote