View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008   #33
Z Man

Default Re: New high-end Denon processors

Well after using the AVP for the last three days and watching/listening to various high def movies, and various music CD's, I've come to one conclusion. The AVP-A1HD kicks ass big time! I know I haven't even scratched the surface with what this thing is capable of doing, but from what I have experienced I am very impressed. I have listened to Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA before on other setups, but I have never experience the wow factor I got when I listened to it in my own system. The sound this thing produces is phenomenal!

I loved my Sunfire TGIII and how it sounded, but this thing (especially with movie soundtracks) takes things to a whole other level! Soundtracks just opened up. The sound was dynamic, expansive, and very punchy. But at the same time had a refinement of fine detail that I had not experienced through the Sunfire using my XA2 to decode TrueHD. While some will say that the sound is identical decoded in the player or in a pre/pro, I have to say that there is indeed a difference. From what I experienced, having the pre/pro do the decoding is the ultimate in sound reproduction.

Teaming up the BT2500 Blu-ray Transport with the AVP-A1HDCI is a match made in heaven. Amazing PQ courtesy of the Realta processing in the AVP, and superior sound quality thanks to the AVP's quad DAC's in dual differential mode. For all the hype that has surrounded this processor, I am happy to report that it definitely lives up to its claims. This is one bad ass preamp!

Seth
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote