Thread: Denon AVR3808CI
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008   #40
TheMoose

Default Re: Denon AVR3808CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by pws442 View Post
No, I didn't. However, I just went to the Denon site, and downloaded the PDF regarding update instructions. It was put there on 12/21/07, and named "FirmwareUpdate-Web1128". My firmware information mostly matches what is displayed on page 1, yet my s/n is quite a bit lower than xxxxxx09001, it ends in 01996, to be exact. Seems to be a slight ambiguity in the directions; but if I use my Boolean logic knowledge of the application of "AND", I am in a quandry. I cannot perform Procedure 1, because my firmware numbers match, and I cannot perform Procedure 2, because my s/n is too low! (I previously posted my firmware information.)

Procedure 1 is destructive, yet the improvements (at least in the serial interface), I already have. I use HyperTerm a lot, and change the XM station, and the PS Base and Treble commands work just fine.

When I performed my only update, it was via the web browser, on 10/08/07. This got me to 1.28. I think it is the Procedure 1 process.

So, it is on to Procedure 2, right?
Sorry I missed this.

Just use the On Screen Display to do the update.
Press Menu, go to manual setup, option setup, firmware update & then select check for firmware update, if it finds a new update select start & it will update.
Note that Denon recommends this be done through a wired connection not WiFi.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote