Thread: Room Conversion
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008   #8
filmfan

Default Re: Room Conversion

Even though I am starting to tear out the drywall, carpeting, and ceiling today, I plan on taking my time to get everything right, slow doesn't bother me, so long as there is some forward progress in meaningful way. Right away I have to resolve the speaker cable question, as a novice I am getting some pretty stiff sticker shock. I want to have the speaker cable, and any other cables ordered this week, once I know what lengths I will need.

I will look into the cat 6 option right away. All of my HDMI cables are monster cable they ran in the mid hundreds for 6' lenghts so I think those are all good, but of course I have to run around 25' fof HDMI from the pioneer to the JVC.

Ken,

Yeah I have been to homes that have the bass kickers and did not feel that they added to the experience, I think I may be better served to add the money to my overall spearker budget. I have heard about shackers which seems to be plate that moves the whole chair? That would annoy me in no time at all if that is the case.
filmfan is offline   Reply With Quote