Thread: Which Speakers?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008   #2
kennyt

Default Re: Which Speakers?

filmfan,

Let me first say you will likely never be done in the three weeks you are shooting for without even knowing the gear you want!

Speakers are very personal. You owe it to yourself to take movies you are familiar with and go out and listen to all the systems you can and see which sound best to you!!! I can't stress this enough!!! You will be the one living with them, so what I prefer is irrelevant if you don't like the sound of them!! Make sense??

That said, the Def Tech Mythos ST's I reviewed for AVRev stayed, I bought them at the end. I like them a lot, more for music than film but they are very good for movies as well. Atlantic makes a good speaker too, as do Paradigm, Revel, B&W, DCM, Snell just to name a few.

You really need to go out and hit every store you can find and see how many different speakers you can hear and see what you like and dislike about each one and decide what will make you the most happy.

All speakers are different, and each does some things better than others. You just need to find the ones that do the best for you and your ears!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote