Originally Posted by Lotus
Wrong. It's been tested. No TV ever made has ever produced a better black:
"The Samsung can produce the deepest shade of black of any flat-panel HDTV we've tested, regardless of technology" that's from CNET's review.
I know this is a fact too. I've tested over 200 TVs in my lifetime. The Sammy does produce the best blacks ever.
I suggest you learn the difference between LED and CCFL before you try and continue this conversation. As for Sam Runco having a problem with my statement we've already discussed it. Yes I have a Runco projector it's a SC-1 and being installed this week even. No it's not a 12' screen.
It's a 20' screen.
I know you're trying to be "smart," but you really can google all you want on color meters, etc. You won't convince me that the test results are any different than they obviously are.
Don't tell me what engineers are going to think. An engineer will want data and they won't argue with it. If the data says the TV does X in black, then it does X.
I'm sorry you feel so irrationally about LCD vs Plasma. Personally I've hated all LCDs except for the Qualia 005s and the new Sammy. I love Plasma and have always suggested them. The new 81 is a different breed.
1.Yes Kevin is good! I like him too! However he is just one authority...there are many others.
2.Most living rooms feature a sofa on one side and a love seat on the other....usually at an offset of 90 degrees.....
3. Lucky you...so you have a 20 foot diagonal screen with a Runco projector! There is nothing scientific about boasting....just because you have something doesn't mean you know how to use it or that you are an authority. I know lots of Porsche drivers who have lost their drivers licenses. Next thing you are going to do is tell us that this TV is the best because you drive a Bently! LOL!
4. And personally I prefer the: Konica/Minolta Spectroradiometer CS-2000...Maybe a benchmark in the industry? That's your word against many others.....we need to sit down and shut up because all of a sudden GOD(Lotus) has spoken...sorry!
5. XBR sets : some were good but the a lot of them that were manufactured outside of Japan had problems.
6. ISF is not the only authority...there are others...ISF is good but why do you need ISF accreditation if you have SMPTE accreditation/membership? How do you know that CR does not use people with SMPTE membership/accreditation? Besides ISF is not mentioned anywhere on the SMPTE web site or even on Wikipedia!
7. What an ego...now you are boasting! What does that have to do with scientific measurement?
Now you are name dropping to further boost your own ego...I bet Sam Runco does not care who you are!
8. If you own or co-own a production studio, I doubt it can be as good as anything CBC has here in Montreal or even the broadcast booth at the Bell Center (Hockey).
9.That's just your opinion! Why should I accept your opinion when you have not offered one iota of a compelling arguement other than to tell all of us readers here that you have lots money and don't know what to do with it....there is a place for people like you: Las Vegas.
10. Wrong...anyone with any kind of serious engineering background will tell you that: They are much better than regular back lit LCD's however an LCD panel with never produce blacks as well as a Plasma....Never period. Even with this Acitve LED backlighting....it's still the same old, same old.....LCD.
Most of the reviews on this TV recommend looking at less expensive TV's even from Samsung themselves such as FP-T5084. It's not as thin as the Mitsubishi LT-52244
The Samsung does not display skin tones as well as a Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR or the Vizio GV52LF. Want me to go on?