View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008   #20
Lotus

Default Re: Which 1080P for sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbitman View Post
I have to laugh.....You are quoting CNET? I base my analysis and my debate on facts and articles written by fellow engineers in "white papers" and Engineer association magazines and other rags like "Widescreen Review? ...and you are quoting CNET?
CNET uses ISF certified Reviewers and does better testing than most magazines. Kevin Miller writes for both Audio Video Revolution and CNET doesn't he?

Quote:
Then you tell me to chill and then proceed to "bash" me on every point I make with moot arguments? Like: "How many people don't sit in front of their TVs? The viewing angle problem is serious if you sit over 6 feet off dead center. How many people do that?"
I never told you to chill. Learn to associate names with statements. It isn't a moot arguement. I don't know many people that sit 6 feet off center of their TVs.

Quote:
How many people watch TV alone? Especially sports....usually you have L shaped seating in a living room unless you are Bill Gates. That means that your guests are probably seating at an angle unless you want to be cozy and put 6 people on a sofa made for 2 or 3.
SIX FEET from center to the left and SIX FEET center to the right would produce a TWELVE FOOT couch. Also I said it wasn't for "parties," but for around 6 people to watch. For me it's perfect in my bedroom and living room. My parties for watching events happen in the Theater.

Quote:
What did you do? Stay up all night googling every web-site so that you could come up with answers for your precious Sammy? What is it? They paying you or something?
Is that your best response? I didn't google Audio Revolution, we're on their website! I know CNET now uses some of the best testing for TVs and is virtually unbiased. It was easy to look that review up and low and behold they found the same results I did!

Quote:
I just finished explaining "Technically" why a plasma's technology is superior to an LCD's especially in a "controlled" environment!
No. You described rather poorly how you believe Plasmas are better than CCFL LCDs. Which is actually pointless to the arguement. I agree Plasmas are superior to CCFL LCDs.

Quote:
And you have NOT tested the new Viera sets from Panasonic or you would know hat they are testing every bit as good as all the new Pioneer Kuros except for the Pioneer ELite Pro Plasma
I haven't? Now you think you know what I do and don't do? I have to tell you I have tested the new Panasonics with a Konica Minolta CS-200 color meter among other things. Why on earth would I be discussing the Sammy 81 with any Kuro but the Elite Pro Plasma? That's the category it's in. The Sammy and the Elite are in a realm all by themselves.

Quote:
....among the best TV's out there....Then there is stuff you will never see like the Fujitsu, Vidikron, B & O, ect....No Sammy will ever touch any of these sets....
I never saw a Fujitsu, Vidikron, etc? Are you serious? Now you know what kind of sets I've seen. Guess what? The Sammy measures a better black than all of them and better color accuracy.

Quote:
so you're price is "no object" theory is dead in the water. I am talking the best set for sports along with bang for the buck....you still can not touch the Panasonic...period. And if you think the Sammy is still that good, you have not seen the new LCD sets from SONY and SHARP...as these are better than the "Sammy" now.
I haven't? Damn I better take that XBR out of my test room. Oh... it doesn't test as well as the Sammy either. NOTHING TESTS BETTER IN BLACK AND COLOR ACCURACY THAN THE 81 SERIES. That is a fact.

Quote:
And give me a break about this "firmware" garbage...how many people download and install the latest "firmeware" for a TV let alone what it is and entails....the average JOE here doesn't have a clue about that and could not give a hoot either.
Go find a Sammy that doesn't have the update installed out of the box. Wait you can't. They recalled them and replaced them! If you have an older set it's easy to get the update.

Quote:
I don't even have to go as far as "white" papers....Just read the last review from "Consumers Reports"....most of us "engineers" in the broadcast industry will tell you that their findings are very accurate.
Last I knew CR didn't test with ISF certified people. CNET does. I trust their measurements more than CRs, sorry.

Quote:
Now before you reply to me again do two things: 1. Go to a small specialty shop or CEDIA installer and view an Pioneer ELITE PRO Plasma, Vidikron, Fujistu, B & O...etc.
Why not just go to a room in my house? I've got a Vidikron VP-6500VHD. Guess what? That sammy? Better blacks and color accuracy.

Quote:
Go to a broadcast booth and production/post production studio and watch, ask questions and learn ....then come back here and reply to me....don't start quoting me "googled" articles....that's a failure to execute.
Sorry. I co-own production studios. I don't need to go ask questions I already know the answers to.

Listen Xorbit:

The SAMMY 81 SERIES HAS THE BEST BLACKS AND COLOR ACCURACY OF ANY TV ON THE MARKET.

Deal with it. If the viewing angle is a problem, don't buy the set. That's as obvious as anything else. If the viewing angle doesn't bother someone and they place the TV in a spot where the shiny screen couldn't be a distration the set is impossible to beat right now for PQ. It has it's issues but so does that Pioneer Elite unit that I had in my house comparing the two.

LCDs with backlit LED panels are untouchable in blacks even the old QUALIA 005s were good at blacks and color accuracy. I again don't care about viewing angles for my applications. All I care about is what I see, if someone else can't see the picture we goto the Theater.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote