View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007   #14
Dr. AIX

Default Re: Chime in on my debate with AIX Records

Dave...it has been a long time. Nice to hear that you're still at it and part of the AVRev team. I don't disagree with your comments. I still love to listen to the "classics" and recognize that recording is a creative art in itself. It's unfortunate that digital processing is often overused for the wrong reasons and that the wonderful potential of vinyl and anlog recordings are being lost in an age that could present something better.

AIX Records opted to go a different way from the major labels for a couple of reasons:

1. I didn't already have a catalog to remix in 5.1 and capture at 96/24,
2. I couldn't afford to make records one track at a time over the course of many sessions and many months,
3. My personal philosophy of recording is more in tune with "live" sessions [although I do not like live concert recordings]; and
4. I wanted to create a new genre of "private personal performances" using state-of-the-art equipment and techniques.

Our stuff is not for everyone but many do appreciate the sound and quality of our productions. I get a lot of emails from customers encouraging me to keep making more...so I will as long as I can afford to.
Dr. AIX is offline   Reply With Quote