View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008   #203
Mornelithe

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

That may be true, but it's also obviously a changing metric given the PS3's continuing performance in Japan and European countries. As the PS3 continues to increase it's market penetration and decrease the lead that the 360 has, the return for such companies is going to increase. And with the PS3 beating out the 360 in sales in January in NA, it's only a sign of things to come. Looks like the long-term strategy of the PS3 is actually starting to work in Sony's favor.

However, I digress, my initial message had nothing to do with PS3 vs 360 vs PC vs Wii, I was merely curious about Insomniac's move, and how open the info was to people, IE had your wife picked up anything. Whether helping other developers was their sole intent, this will help other developers, because they just don't seem to get how to optimize on the PS3. So, hopefully more companies will make this decision. Polyphony Digital, Konami, Square Enix, heck, even though it pains me to say it Infinity Ward and Activision, all of those developers have figured out how to develope properly on the PS3, well, they're making brilliant headway at least. And, since the PS3 requires multi-core thinking when developing for, it should only help the PC gaming industry as we move towards 4-8-12 core CPU's. So yeah, anyway, just curious.

Morne
Mornelithe is offline   Reply With Quote