View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008   #29
deacongreg

Default Re: Oppo to build Blu-Ray player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I don't think the slow load up times can be overcome anytime soon. It would push costs of the units up. However a High End Krell, Meridian, etc. could likely make a unit that would truly eliminate this problem because they can afford the more expensive processing chips.

I'd pay $6k for a BD 2.0 player that was a tank and performed like a world class unit should.

I think Halcro's real decision to not make a next gen player was that there wasn't a winner. Now there is. So there is little reason for anyone to hold back.

I know Arcam put their BD R&D into overdrive with the recent BD winning news.
That is good to hear about Arcam. Because they will make a great player at a price range for most audiophiles. And I agree, Meridian and the big boys should be able to make a player perform like it should. Certainly the pressure is on.

But, the big boys need to catch in the HDMI connectivity area with their pre/pros first. Outside of the Integra DTC 9.8, we are limited in that area. So before they work on a new Blu-Ray player, we need somewhere to connect it. Don`t you think!!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote