View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008   #26
Lotus

Default Re: Oppo to build Blu-Ray player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
But for most HT-enthusiast consumers, they either have HDMI for AV or they *will* have HDMI for AV... so the HDMI performance is the main concern.
Less than .05% of HDTV owners have an HDMI 1.3 Receiver or Pre-Pro. "Most," almost certainly in this case rely on other means for their "lossless," sound. Less than 5% of HDM owners have HDMI 1.3 capable receivers too.

Quote:
HDMI is a pure digital conection for both audio and digital signals. In regards to audio, all analog conversion is handled by the recevier.
Wrong again. Many more people do have HDMI 1 to 1.2 capable Receivers. The PLAYER does the analog conversion and sends the data through the HDMI cable as LPCM. This is the majority of the market.

Quote:
A player that does well on tests, but not actual video content? First time I've heard that one... but for argument's sake I won't dismiss your assertions...
It's a sum of all parts. It is one thing to provide excellent results on a test screen it's another for a movie picture with the combination of all.

I'm not going to hunt down reviews for you. You're the one who made the claim that EVERY test done had the PS3 as one of the top players.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote