View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007   #1
clinthicum

Default Integra On-Screen Menus (newbie)

I'm a newbie when it comes to Integra equipment, so please excuse this potentially basic question. I've used Onkyo equipment for quite some time, just recently purchased my first Integra receiver for a custom install client of mine. Model 5.8

The TV that will be connected to the Integra home theater receiver is a Sony HD 720p tube, so it's not 1080p. I did not plan to use HDMI cables for the video signals. I typically use custom crimped Belden 7787a component video cables with Canare connectors for what I feel is one of the cleanest component video HD signals (at least for 720p/1080i).

Pic attached.

The only inputs to the reciever will be a Comcast DVR cable box and a DVD player. My plan was to not use HDMI switching and only use the component video switching capabilities of the Integra amp. Taking the component video output of the cable box and DVD player over to the amp and then just one bundled cable as the video output from the amp to the TV (that is located about 24 ft away).

Will the Integra on-screen menu system be broadcasted across the component video output ? OR do I have to use a std analog (yellow) video or S-Video cable to be able to use the on-screen TV menus?

Does anyone see any issues with the way I'm proposing to hook-up this stuff?
Are most in agreement that there's no need to run HDMI cables, if I'm not interested in the audio signal running to the TV (I'm pushing audio to B&W speakers only; not the TV internal speakers that will always be turned OFF).

Any tips or suggestions, etc. is appreciated.

Cheers !

HiTech Upgrades.com
clinthicum is offline   Reply With Quote