View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008   #4
tinman30

Default Re: For HD TV & Sports viewing: 720p or 1080p?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
It does not make much sense to buy a 720p projector if a 1080p projector is not that much more. I never bought any 720p displays once 1080p was available. Even though 1080p is not being broadcast, it does not mean that it will never be. Also, depending on your pre-amp or receiver you could up-convert to 1080p which is still better than up-converting to 720p. I think that on a screen size of ~9ft. as you are getting, you would see a difference between 720p and 1080p.

The ideal situation would be to see both projectors and A/B them on ~9ft. screen then you could really see if the difference in $ is worth it to you.
Thanks for the responses. The one thing that stuck out in my mind is that much of our sports viewing will be during the day, when we would want the room to have lights on. I've read that the PT-AX200U (720p) is better suited for multipurpose use (day/night, sports/videogames/movies, etc). Can anyone out there attest that they love their PT-AE2000U - or any other comparable 1080p - for watching their Sunday afternoon sporting events?

Thanks again.
tinman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links