View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008   #23
Lotus

Default Re: Samsung Sued Over Blu-ray Players That Won't Play All Discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I am appalled that you have to check with your wife over a $300 investment. Tell me you aren't that whipped - PLEASE!!!! Its $300. You spend that going out for dinner or for an airplane ticket or on a nice pair of shoes. C'mon.

Blu-ray isn't perfect but if early adopters do not jump on board - expect LOW RES solutions to win just like with the MP3.
$300 might get you a player but it won't get you one for the future. It's best for people to wait for 2.0 players and we don't know what they're going to cost. Still $300 is a decent amount of money to spend for most Americans. You'll also find that most people don't spend $300 going out to dinner either. $300 is a decent amount of cash to most buyers.

If I didn't have access to numerous players without paying for them my wife would have been ****ed.

BD players are grossly unreliable. I'd say about 10% of all BD players manufactured are "screwy," and firmware updates be damned, they just will never work properly. The rest need the firmware updates. Some units are more screwy than the others (The Samsung BD1200 for instance).

Most people will be upset when they spend $300 and find out a movie won't play. It's unacceptable.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote