View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008   #379
Vinyl Rules!

Location: The corner of the world where NC, TN and VA intersect at an elevation of 3,500'
Talking Re: Geeks Indifferent to Hi-Rez DVD [Was: Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
I'm sorry but in what kind of "geek infested" site does 67.7% of the poll respondents either not need HD or not even know what it is??
That sounds to me like a bunch of die hard hd-dvd fanboys tilting a poll.
That sounds more like the response you get from polling a nursing home not a geek site!!

The only way it's the end of the discussion is to those hardcore hd-dvd guys that are bitter they lost the war.
Moose, Moose, Moose,

You are just a mere troll, and not even a good one

First, you write, "I'm sorry but in what kind of "geek infested" site does 67.7% of the poll respondents either not need HD or not even know what it is??" This is simply a troll because these geeks do not reflect your own personal belief structure. You have attacked them for their beliefs (their response to the poll). You are obviously distraught they do not agree with you.

Next, you write, "That sounds to me like a bunch of die hard hd-dvd fanboys tilting a poll." This is just another troll attempt by you. Please tell me, Moose: How is the 10.3% "die hard hd-dvd fanboys number "tilting a poll" when it is lower than the 13.2% Blue Ray number? See, I was right on target with my two-digit IQ comment. Oh, and your first sentence in red, in your first comment above, is grammatically incorrect and not a complete sentence.

Finally, you wrote, "That sounds more like the response you get from polling a nursing home not a geek site!!" Now you're dissin' senior citizens and lumping them in with geeks. Care to explain to us why this is NOT a troll?

As for your comment about A/V geeks vs. Computer geeks, well, there are at least one thousand (1,000) real computer geeks for every one (1) wanna-be A/V geek. If you want to argue this point, just do some googling on home penetration of computers vs. home penetration of A/V receivers and/or A/V electronic separates.

A/V geeks are an insignificant economic market when compared to the computer market and this ratio is not going to change, ever. Downloads are the future and the silver disc is in its twilight and the content providers don't care as long as they get paid.

Now go crawl back under your bridge and please don't bother me any more.
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
---------------
Samuel P. Huntington
Vinyl Rules! is offline   Reply With Quote