View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008   #378
TheMoose

Angry Re: Geeks Indifferent to Hi-Rez DVD [Was: Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Rules! View Post
Moose,

You are showing yourself to be an illiterate troll.

67.7% DID NOT say they did not know what HD was.

I suspect the burr under your butt is that the majority of them simply didn't care about hi-red DVD.

And, if you will carefully re-read the numbers in the table, you will see the following:

10.3% - What's HD DVD?

Even a middle-schooler would be able to calculate this means that 89.7% had some awareness of HD-DVD

And if you will again re-read the numbers, you will see that more of the geeks owned Blue Ray than HD-DVD.

If you want to come after me, fine.

But get your facts correct.

And personally, I don't own either format. I am a certified geek and I chose to sit this one out. I have a 42" 720p plasma display and my $170 Oppo looks just as good as the Blue Rays and HD-DVD's I've seen on friends 42" displays. So tell me, why would I pay more for a very slight increase in the video quality that can only be seen on a larger screen? We geeks tend to be practical, not foolish.

Nor do we generally engage in oneupmanship, except with those inhabiting lower gene pools.

And when I want a DVD, I don't have to pay $30+ for it or wait for someone to offer a BOGO on hi-rez DVDs. Oh, and do you really think there are going to be any more BOGO's on Blue Rays now that Toshiba folded?

If you're going to troll, please limit your trolling to the two-digit IQ pool.
OK, why don't you read this carefully.
I wrote,
I'm sorry but in what kind of "geek infested" site does 67.7% of the poll respondents either not need HD or not even know what it is??

57.4% said No, I don't need a hi-def DVD player & 10.3% said What's HD DVD?
57.4% + 10.3% = 67.7%
That means 67.7% of the people polled said either they do not need HD or not even know what it is & that is precisely what I said.
That site may be full of computer geeks but they are not Home Theater geeks with those kind of responses!

Would you like to point out to me exactly how those figures make me an "illiterate troll" or would you care to apologize now?

I have a 70" 1080p TV & I can tell the difference between Blu-Ray & upconverted DVD's & my Upconverting player is a Sony DVP-NS3100ES.
If you don't need or want hd-dvd or Blu-Ray why are you so passionately flaming me because I enjoy my Blu-Ray movies?

The next time you go spouting off you better have your facts straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Rules! View Post
If you're going to troll, please limit your trolling to the two-digit IQ pool.
While I'm not a troll I will try to type s-l-o-w-l-y so you can understand me better next time.

Oh & I don't need to "come after you" you just showed everyone here exactly what you are.
I have given a very civilized response to your flame bait post this time, next time I will not be so nice & I will report your name calling.
This is not some punk site & things like that are not tolerated here!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links