View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008   #19
deacongreg

Default Re: Samsung Sued Over Blu-ray Players That Won't Play All Discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I musy have been lucky, all my Samsung players (I owned the BDP-1000 and still have the BDP-1200 have played every disc I ever put in them, some did require firmware updates, but I haven't even done one of those in months and they 1200 still plays everything fine.
Yes, kenny, you have been fortunate. But, even you have noted the inconsistencies with Blu-Ray, and you leaned for a while with HD DVD. Just because they did work. Now, we are left to contend with the issues of a format that came out to early, and still has issues. And to add, the companies are not letting us choose which format, they are making our minds up for us. I don`t know if I like that either.

weavercr, I hear you. I`m unpopular here because I do not believe it should be this hard, to just play a movie. At any point of time. And given the technology we do have before us today, it boggles my mind even further that we can not just push eject, load your dvd, push play and have your seat. So, Blu-Ray is the victor. Are we all now ready to deal with there issues on a regular basis now??
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote