View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008   #324
prerich

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman View Post
The fat lady started to sing when Warner went blu.
Then threads like this pops up everywhere trying to convince the masses otherwise.
Hopefully not too many were persuaded to go and spend on a now dead format because of threads like this.

Now we will continue to see threads touting the greatness of HD downloads vs HDM.
It is this that truly has me puzzled since if this war went the other way around, I don't know if we would all be buying into the greatness of HD downloads.
Downloads will initially get computer geeks like me and the 20 somethin' crowd. Geeks have a way of making things go and so do youngsters (can anyone say Ipod, Iphone? I don't get it, I saw my son watching a movie on his "superphone" and wondered how he could watch a movie on that little screen like that and enjoy it - with inferior sound at that). That's just whats happening. We have several here on this forum that are eagerly awaiting downloads for their convenience factor. I don't rent as many movies from Blockbuster or even Netflix now. I just watch a movie on demand - and determain if its worth buying. It's a good way of auditioning a movie before you buy it.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links