View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008   #260
CliffH

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofgrills View Post
I really wish people would stop holding up digital downloads as the eventual solution for the format wars. Paying $1 to download a single music track is one thing, but downloading a 1080p HD movie with 7.1 lossless surround sound is entirely different. I've invested thousands in my custom built home theater room, and I am not going to settle with holding a EULA (End User License Agreement) in order to lease a movie to watch on my system. I collect movies and music on disc, and I have no intention on stopping this practice.
The overall sonic quality of music has been dumbed down by downloading, MP3s and Ipods. SACD and DVD-Audio failed due to the ongoing format fight and overall consumer confusion, and I don't want that to happen to the successor for DVDs. We need an HD format to succeed quickly, and Blu-ray is right there.

I just want the complete transition to Blu-ray to be quick, so we can all get back to enjoying the HD movie experience without worrying about the format.

Here, Here !!!!
I agree whole heartedly. I collect movies that I love and want to be able to watch them whenever I want. I also want the best possible resolution and sound. Downloads just don't have the quality and won't untill we all have very fat fiber pipes running to our houses. At the current point in time the internet would grind to a halt if everyone was downloading High def films at full resolution without compression and with full 7.1 soundtracks, and what about the extras that you get on the disks.
CliffH is offline   Reply With Quote