View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007   #6
jairus

Default Re: Please talk me out of buying a CRT TV...

Thanks for all your responses!

deacongreg I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in my obsession with CRTs. :-)
If you want to see if there's a Loewe available for sale in your area enter the following line in Google:
Loewe Aconda site:craigslist.org
The syntax searches for the keyword (Loewe Aconda) in all CL pages (450 US Cities).
Just like kennyt said, I think I'm going to jump on the next Loewe that becomes avail in my area and get a couple year's use out of it until the current technologies improve and who knows maybe SED will be resurrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Jairus, I am not going to do that. Why, I have not seen the Lowe, but the SONY 34KVXBR2620 series of CRT is superb. Reviewed highly by avrev.com home theater mag, and everyone else, these sets(and I`m talking about the 34inch model) have a outstanding picture.
Now, maybe they do not have as many inputs as you like, and you MAY get tired of the size, there is absolutely no question that the picture quality is excellent. And this set does have a HDMI input I believe.
What Sony do you have now?

Then, if you get someone like a Joe Kane to calibrate the TV, its just over. And, the one thing CRT has, is that you can play the set in just about, any room lighting condition. Plasma, LCD, DLP, LCOs, all of them have one or two areas they are still trying to perfect, whether its blacks, greens, burn in, whatever. Thea avrev.com review made me think long and hard about jumping in to this new area of technology.

I always shoot for quality first, convenience, cool looks, be the first on the block to get it, last!! And the pricing for your Lowes is incredible. I may need to look into this myself.
jairus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links