View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008   #228
kkozma

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
So,

we've moved from wishing that HD DVD would survive to not caring about HD disc media and wanting downloads?

It seems that Microsoft's mission has succeeded...

Think about it from my perspective... I got burned already, granted not nearly as bad as if I had picked blu-ray and HD DVD won, but I still ended up on the short side of the stick.

Why should I buy a $500 machine only to turn around with it being useless in 1-2 years to buy another one WHEN downloads take off? This is a valid reason, that many of the blu-ray zealots just can't get a grasp of. There is NO stopping digital downloads. They are coming and it's just a matter of when and how good they are. To be honest with you, I'm willing to place a wager that this xtremehd company can and will LAUNCH a satellite into orbit and sell the machines for less than $500 before ANYONE in the blu-ray camp gets a 2.0 SAL on the market for less than $500. Keeping in mind that the PS3 is NOT a SAL.

Given the fact that I am impatient and have become addicted to HD, I will have a blu-ray playback device, but it's not going to be a PS3 or SAL. I've been slowly building up my PC to get it ready for an HTPC and I just bought the last thing (HD Video card) before the drive itself yesterday.

Hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy the actual drive itself, Slysoft will have worked out all of their bugs with BD playback. However, the drives themselves are still too expensive (anyone but me notice a re-curtring theme with blu-ray?), and I refuse to pay $175 for a BD ROM drive when I can buy an entire HD DVD sal player for that much. So it appears as if Slysoft has plenty of time to get a good working copy of anydvd out there.
kkozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links