View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008   #15
luke

Default Re: Why isn't this on vinyl?.. BUT SOME OF IT IS ON VINYL OUT HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT !

I STILL DONT GET IT . I MUST HAVE OVER 1000 ALBUMS/VINYL AND I THINK I HAVE ABOUT THAT AMOUNT IN CD FORMAT , THEN I HAVE A 100 OF DTS AND THEN 100 OR SO DVD-A FORMAT. THEN THERE IS MY HOME MADE DTS OR DVD-A I HAVE ABUT 300 OF THOSE . ALL OF THE VINYL ALBUMS I OWN SOUND GREAT. DONT TAKE UP ALOT OF SPACE , I HAVE THEM IN 2 WALNUT CASES WITH SLIDING GLASS DOORS, I HAVE A METER AND A LOW LIGHT , EACH CASE IS LOCKED, I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM, mold etc .. MY CD COLLECTION I HAVE TO CLEAN EACH CD WITH SOMETHING , MARK UP THE EDGES WITH SOME BLACK MARKER TO GIVE THEM "SOME SOUND" , THEN THERE IS TRYING TO READ THE PACKAGING, thank god i have good eye sight still. BUT ONE OF THE BEST ALBUM/VINYL RELEASES OF THE YEAR WAS WILCO AND ELDAR BOTH GREAT SOUNDING SETS OF MUSIC ON VINYL. I THINK THAT IF SOME GRAMMY VOTERS WERE HANDED THE WILCO VINYL ALBUM , IT HAD THE CD VERSION IN IT ALSO. THE VOTERS WOULD PLAY EACH VERSION OF THE SAME ALBUM/SET OF MUSIC SIDE BY SIDE AND I M SURE WILCO , BLUE SKY BLUE WOULD HAVE WALKED AWAY WITH A FEW AWARDS , MAYBE POP ALBUM OF THE YEAR OR WHATEVER IT WAS UP FOR and THE SAME GOES WITH ELDAR , WOW THE ALBUM /VINYL SET SOUNDS 100% BETTER THEN THAT THING THEY ARE SELLING AT BORDERS OR WHERE EVER THAT WAS, I BOUGHT IT.. THANK GOD SOME ONE IS TAKING THE TIME TO GO BACK AND UPDATE THE BLUE NOTE RELEASES WITH TODAYS STANDARDS FOR VINYL . SAME THING FOR THE BEATLES ALBUMS, THE LOVE LP SOUNDS WONDERFUL AS DOES THE LET IT BE NAKED , THE LOVE 5.1 IS GREAT , A MASTERPIECE TO BAD, LET IT BE NAKED WAS NOT RELEASED IN 5.1 BUT THE VINYL SOUNDS GREAT.. SO THERE IS HOPE OUT THERE .. ALSO REMEMBER THAT CDS AS DID LASER DISCS , GET MOLD AND ONCE THAT STARTS IN YOUR COLLECTION YOU MIGHT AS WELL THROW THEM ALL OUT. EVERYONE BOUGHT INTO THAT LIE " THEY WILL LAST A HUNDRED YEARS etc etc ". I DO OWN A COUPLE OF ALBUMS THAT ARE ABOUT 100 YEARS OLD NOW OR GETTING CLOSE TO IT. I OWN A FEW CDS THAT CAME OUT WHEN CDS WERE THE NEW THING , I ALSO STILL OWN A FEW CEDS ( RCA THINGS ) AND A FEW LASER DISCS AND A FEW THOUSAND 45 RPMS . LIKE I SAID WE WERE ALL HAD, THAT CHEAP PLASTIC WITH THAT CHEAP WHATEVER THAT WAS LAYERED ON TO IT AND MASS PRODUCED IS JUNK. THERE WAS A PLACE IN PA , ONE OF THE FIRST CD PRESSING PLACES I M NOT SURE IF THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS OR NOT BUT THEY WERE NEAR WAWA /MEDIA PA ON RT 1 AND THEY PRESSED SOME OF THE EARLY CD THINGS AND THEY WERE GOOD BUT THEY STILL COULD NOT STAND UP TO A GOOD PRESSING OF A BLUE NOTE OR A IMPULSE VINYL FROM THE SAME PERIOD OF TIME.
luke is offline   Reply With Quote