View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008   #26
Lotus

Default Re: Are servers the new media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloneman View Post
Your assertion remains to be verified, and I assert that it is fallacy.

The facts are that Windows based PCs are plagued with too many problems, and the current version of the OS itself is so poor that people are actually are downgrading. Some shops are doing a brisk business by supporting this downgrading effort. A substantional fraction of the MILLIONS of those dissatified with windows baced PCs leave either it entirely for Macintosh, or they compromise and dump the OS and replace it with Linux.

There is essentially NOTHING differentiating your Windows PC hardware from Macintosh hardware, sans possible build quality (and historically Apple products have been HIGHER), now, so that argument is invalid as well.

The most common way, is like most other things is NOT necessarily the best. That is the foundation of "High End"...

All I can say is your anti-MS attitude is clearly showing here. Unfortunately my statement is true. The HDMI Video Cards are ONLY PC usable. If you want 1080p video to a projector and NextGen audio codecs right now the PC is the best and honestly only solution.

Don't get into a stupid Apple Vs PC debate because all it comes down to is mainly choice. Neither builds a more reliable machine or anything else. They come down to personal choices. So don't post some "data," that I can turn around post opposite "data," and get in a very stupid Apple vs PC debate.

This issue isn't debatable. Today the best HTPCs are PCs not Apples. That may change soon but not today.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote