View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008   #268
Lotus

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman View Post
I can easily tell the difference between 720p and 1080p because I do happen to have the right equipment to tell.
Right but the majority of consumers don't. His point is about HDM's future and the simple fact that most HDTV owners are just fine with DVD.

Quote:
I must be in the wrong place here then.
The majority of people who read the online mag and post here aren't "common," consumers and care about such things. How wonderful it is to get a straight up review about some truly great gear is well awesome, but that doesn't stop the fact that most consumers don't even know what "Krell," is or even "PSB."

Quote:
As for not hearing differences in MP3 encoding, I can using high quality headphones, a good source and a good headphone amp.
Again, I'm not really your average Joe.
Again most people can HEAR the difference they just don't NOTICE the difference. They seem really happy with their horrible sounding compressed music on their iPods.

Quote:
But there is nothing "revolutionary" about sub par HD downloads and low bit rate MP3s.
(as the site's name used to imply with new technology)
So we're not allow to talk about the marketability of a product based on the fact that the product sucks or is too good for normal people to notice/care?
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote