View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008   #266
bootman

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Rules! View Post
Bootman,

Statically significant research has validated that the over 95% of listeners cannot hear the difference between between 384 mHz MP3 downloads and the the 1.444 mHz native bit rate of CD's.

Go back and preruse my former posts: Joe and Susie cannot see any difference between 720p and 1080p on their $ 1,299 Wal-Mart LCD 42" display.

So where is the "big step backwards" if the consumers who have 90+% of the CE electronics power cannot see a differnce.

What alternative universe do you inhabit? There are many Blue-Ray and HD-DVD supporters who want to move there, ASAP!

Sounds like you are one of the very few who actually think they can hear and see a difference.

Guess what? The major manufacturers don't give a rat's tutu: As I've said before, you and everyone who believes as you do don't buy enough to pay Howard Stringer's salary.
Sorry, I thought this was an enthusiast site, not something geared to Joe and Susie watching a 42" LCD from 18 feet away.
I can easily tell the difference between 720p and 1080p because I do happen to have the right equipment to tell.
I must be in the wrong place here then.

As for not hearing differences in MP3 encoding, I can using high quality headphones, a good source and a good headphone amp.
Again, I'm not really your average Joe.

But there is nothing "revolutionary" about sub par HD downloads and low bit rate MP3s.
(as the site's name used to imply with new technology)

BTW why does vinyl rule IYO?
It isn't because of the sound quality right?
bootman is offline   Reply With Quote