View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008   #257
Vinyl Rules!

Location: The corner of the world where NC, TN and VA intersect at an elevation of 3,500'
Default Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman View Post
Sad how we when from arguing over 1080p bitrates to highly compressed 720p downloads will be the new standard.
This is taking a big step back.
You guys may be happy with ITunes downloads but I will still prefer the superior sounding CDs and will prefer the superior looking Blurays.

The name of this site should change to the Audio/Video conformity then. :P
Bootman,

Statically significant research has validated that the over 95% of listeners cannot hear the difference between between 384 mHz MP3 downloads and the the 1.444 mHz native bit rate of CD's.

Go back and preruse my former posts: Joe and Susie cannot see any difference between 720p and 1080p on their $ 1,299 Wal-Mart LCD 42" display.

So where is the "big step backwards" if the consumers who have 90+% of the CE electronics power cannot see a differnce.

What alternative universe do you inhabit? There are many Blue-Ray and HD-DVD supporters who want to move there, ASAP!

Sounds like you are one of the very few who actually think they can hear and see a difference.

Guess what? The major manufacturers don't give a rat's tutu: As I've said before, you and everyone who believes as you do don't buy enough to pay Howard Stringer's salary.
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
---------------
Samuel P. Huntington

Last edited by Vinyl Rules!; 02-08-2008 at 09:48 PM..
Vinyl Rules! is offline   Reply With Quote