View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008   #39
Lotus

Default Re: Onkyo dropping HD-DVD support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
OK it's obvious to me you are the one stirring things up here.
Instead of reading my post you drag back out my responses to people attacking me while not quoting the original attack so you can try to make me look bad while at the same time claiming to be trying to be a peacemaker.
Quit bringing up old stuff & just reply directly to my last post.
Ok lets look at this thread again since you think I'm picking on you (which I'm not). The first quote that could be seen as something that could entice an arguement was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose
the sooner it dies the better it will be for HDM.
Which was followed by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-630HD
In the words of Captain Jack Sparrow "You need to find yourself a girl mate!"
Which was immediately in the next post followed by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus
Let's be friendly here!

Moose doesn't need that kind of response.
followed by

Quote:
I just don't understand fanatics
Quote:
You guys need to move on instead of whining that the "wrong format" is winning & just enjoy the 1080p movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-630HD
I haven't been the one trying to find the most miniscule piece of anti hddvd fud and pushing it on others.
Which I followed up with an attack on using the word "FUD," about our posters.

Then

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale
If you really feel that way why are you starting a thread in the HD DVD section you know will get that response? Your a Blu-Ray fan but yet posting stuff to get them to bite. Go back to BR.com or better yet go watch some of your own 1080p movies?
This was in response to your post about fanatics and whining. Yes taken in context her response to you was entirely classy compared to the post she was replying to.

Quote:
if this kind of news bothers you perhaps you should find a nice HD-DVD fan site & hide out there while this all gets sorted out.
Or maybe you could start contributing to this forum instead of just complaining.
That was your response. It kind of speaks for itself.

Quote:
When I'm told by someone to "go back to BR.com" a site I've never been to or attack me for posting truthful information just because they don't like that information I feel perfectly fine telling them to go back to whatever HD-DVD fan site they belong to.
The problem with your defense after another user called you out on it, is the poster wasn't referring to your "news," but your opinions combined with the news that were obviously meant to encite an arguement as quoted above. Her problem wasn't with the news but people being refered to as fanatics and told to quit whining when there was none even going on.

Quote:
There is no reason to treat a new poster like this at all. They gave you very polite advice that you should take. Quit enticing people while this War is still going on. If you just posted news and left it at that then these people wouldn't be getting upset. The problem is you attack people and then when called out on it attack them right back. She didn't respond to your news, she responded to your rude opinion. Her response was classy in comparison.
Then I called you out on it and

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD
Back to my Captain Jack Sparrow comment Moose "You need to find yourself a girl mate!" Seriously!!! There is life beyond the keyboard frantically searching the internet for hours trying to find any piece of anti hddvd news you can find.
Which was immediately followed by

Quote:
The same advice I'm giving Moose I'll give to you: Quit enticing people while the War is going on. This post of yours isn't nice in the least.
but

Quote:
this is just over the top even for you!
After your previous personal attacks on me & this completely biased response towards me in this thread
Right I showed bias against you by telling everyone who was rude to you to stop and pointing out how you incorrectly attacked a new user to this forum. Gal was pointing to your opinions meant to entice arguement not to your news.

Quote:
No that was not an attack, that was frustration for having to defend myself from attacks for posting a news story!
That is not a rude opinion either, go back in a bunch of these threads & see how many people are complaining about Blu-Ray & how the "better format" is losing.
As shown here the frustration was more with your opinion not the story although you were correctly called out for your misleading headline. Again this thread wasn't filled with any anti-BD sentiment you brought that baggage into this thread.

Quote:
So because I support Blu-Ray gal decides that I'm therefore banned from ever posting anything in the HD-DVD section even if it applies directly to HD-DVD & then told to "Go back to BR.com" a site I've never been to!
In what bizarro world is this classy?
No she responded to you calling people fanatics and telling them to quit whining. Again none of that was going on in this thread. You're bringing baggage into this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
OK it's obvious to me you are the one stirring things up here.
Instead of reading my post you drag back out my responses to people attacking me while not quoting the original attack so you can try to make me look bad while at the same time claiming to be trying to be a peacemaker.
Quit bringing up old stuff & just reply directly to my last post.
I've now cleared that up. All the poor behavior is in one post for people to see. I tried to talk this over with you in a PM but you've ignored the effort. There is no bias here by me.

Last edited by Lotus; 02-06-2008 at 11:48 PM..
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote