View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008   #17
akbungle

Default Re: How many DVD consumers purchase HD DVD by mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
Best HDM audio for 2007, winner? Transformers 1.5 mbps DD+ it won over every single lossless title out there. Need I say more.
Just think about how much better it would have been in PCM/lossless. Guess we'll just have to wait until the Blu-Ray comes out.

Quote:
Although I have yet to see any MPEG-2 title that blew me away.
I believe Ice Age 2 was MPEG2 and that was awesome.

Quote:
You better have one hell of a system. I own a Pioneer Elite THX receiver and all my speakers are Polk LSi which is their top of the line and I even find the difference questionable factoring out the placebo effect.
I do have a very nice system, nothing that touches Kenny's but nice.
Quote:
I believe that is why SACD and DVD audio failed is few could hear the difference.
And their it is! SACD and DVD Audio were huge advancements in sound quality but since J6P thought MP3 was good enough it died. Here we have an opportunity with BD to ALWAYS have PCM/Lossless for those that can hear the difference and DD+ or 1.5 DTS core or dolby Pro-logic surround if you prefer for everyone else. It comes back to space and BANDWIDTH.

And Lotus I'm sorry your "golden ear" is not quite good enough because the difference is there and it is beautiful.