View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008   #8
TheMoose

Default Re: Onkyo dropping HD-DVD support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
You forgot to put the question mark after the title like the article did since they do not know. The info I got back in Dec. was Onkyo was in the process of making a dual format player.

http://wesleytech.com/onkyo-suspends...d-support/542/

This applies only to the UK by the way. Robert Zahn was the noninsider with the info. So if you are producing a combo player as the above article strongly states does that mean you are dropping support for hddvd? I will let the Moose comb through the internet to find that out. In the words of Captain Jack Sparrow "You need to find yourself a girl mate!"
This hardly seem like a strong statement for a combo player!!

the Japanese manufacturer has hinted at a new high-def player coming later this year. The representative said that they would “unveil a new HD source later this year, but cannot confirm at this stage whether it will be an HD DVD, Blu-ray or combo device.”

Oh & I have a girl, you just need to wake up & smell the cofee!

I just don't understand fanatics I guess, if it was the other way around I'd be shopping for a HD-DVD player.
It's about the HDM for me, it didn't matter what color the case was.
I chose Blu-Ray simply because I have a PS3, I didn't plan to have almost 100 Blu-Ray movies by now but I do.
If Blu-Ray lost I'd still be fine because with the requirement that all PS3 games be on Blu-Ray I'll always have a player to watch them on.

You guys need to move on instead of whining that the "wrong format" is winning & just enjoy the 1080p movies.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote