View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008   #101
kkozma

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1more4HDDVD View Post
Sorry, but I completely disagree.

It has been one month since the WB announcement and about three weeks since the HD DVD side reemerged and vowed to fight. Toshiba has dramatically cut prices. They have advertised on American Idol and the Super Bowl. Most importantly, they have kept their remaining studio and retail support in the US. They have successfully bought some time while they work on some major things.

The very topic of this thread is that Jerry saw some big things and his conclusion is that the HD DVD side is “NOT going down lightly.” Robert over at AVS, who has very close contacts within the HD DVD PR Group, hinted at some major things, including high-profile studio releases and additional support.

So, there is plenty of buzz surrounding future HD DVD developments. They know time is not on their side, if they are able to make some of these things happen, we should start seeing them soon.

In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of bad stuff has been announced in the last 10 days that puts a SERIOUS dent in HD DVD's ability to get software into the hands of people like me who wish to buy it. I also do not share your enthusiasm about any HD DVD buzz because frankly, there is none outside of the ever shrinking circle of people who support this format. There was no superbowl ad in my area, and there was ONE commercial for HD DVD on American Idol three weeks ago. I have seen nothing since, and I watch (embarassed to admit) idol every week religiously.

- Sonic dropped HD DVD support
- TDK says they will no longer manufacture blank HD DVD media
- THREE foreign movie distributors have announced plans to drop HD DVD support
- National Geographic dropped HD DVD
- Woolworths in the UK has dropped HD DVD
- FYE has annouced that they will DRASTICLY reduce shelf space for HD DVD

As for Robert Zohn. Not an insider. Has been wrong on nearly everything he has posted as inside information. Where was the major CE who was supposed to start manufacturing HD DVD players? Where was the BIG news that was to come out of CEDIA? Nothing he has said has come to fruition.

Toshiba has less that ZERO time to screw around here. The longer they are silent, the longer the Blu-ray FUD machine has to work on it's negative campaigns. I'm tired of the wait and see attitude with HD DVD because THERE IS NO TIME TO WAIT any longer. I am an adamant HD DVD supporter and even I am starting to believe that there is nearly nothing HD DVD can do at this point. With every single second that passes by without some kind of SOMETHING from Toshiba, Paramount, or Univerasal, this format race slips further and further out of the thier hands.

Lastly, the blu-ray insiders over on blu-ray.com ARE hiding something. They know there is something big coming and are not talking about it. Anytime anyone mentions anything about whatever this big event is, the questions get deleted or the insiders respond with "no comment" or "its best not to talk about that".

Last edited by kkozma; 02-04-2008 at 07:33 PM..
kkozma is offline   Reply With Quote