View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008   #4
prerich

Talking Re: HDMI, Easy or Nightmare? How was your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
I've heard of some real nightmares on the HDMI front, handshake issues seem to be at the top of the list.

I was lucky I guess, I've not had a problem with HDMI so far.
I have a DirecTV HR20 HD-DVR, Sony Playstation 3 & a Sony NS3100ES DVD player going to a Denon 3808ci AVR & then out to a Sony KDS-R70XBR2 & they all talked to each other first time.
I'm using inexpensive HDMI cables but none of them are over 6' in length.

So what has your experience been with HDMI?
Good, Bad or Ugly?
List what kind of gear & cables (& their lengths) you are using & what problems if any you had & how you resolved the problems.

I still have more gear to add in the future including a projector & a standalone Blu-Ray player & some of the HDMI cable runs will be 20'-30' so Ill be interested in hearing everyones experience with their HDMI setups.
My hdmi experience has been plesant -mind you, I only use hdmi for video. My first HDMI component was my PC. My next was my HDTV cable box and then my HD-DVD and Blu-ray(blu-ray resides in my PC) players. I have two HDMI monitors (32 inch and a projector) which necessitates the need for a HDMI Switch. I bought one....For a total of $86.00!!!!!! It's HDCP compliant HDMI 1.3a, 1080P, does deep color, remote, has amplification and equalization, three inputs and two outputs! This thing works great!!!! I removed yards of component cables and VGA cables. My longest HDMI run is 40 ft and it handles it perfectly! The runs to my HD-DVD, Blu-ray/pc, and HDTV DVR are no more than 10ft at the longest. My cables were very inexpensive too. I bought the long one for about $35.00 and the short ones for about $7.00 this is including shipping (amazon and newegg). I haven't had any handshake problems and that switcher/ amplifier has made me feel good about China again (that's where I got it from). It works and works well.

Last edited by prerich; 02-04-2008 at 06:28 AM..
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote