View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008   #221
TheMoose

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1more4HDDVD View Post
Many people are reporting seeing the ad, although I guess it wasn’t on 100% of the stations.

How did you like the blu-ray ad? … oh yeah, that’s right, nothing…
There was no National ad, it sounds like it was only a few local stations that had any HD-DVD ad at all & that hardly makes it a "massive ad campaign"!
As for the Blu-Ray ad, I don't remember anyone saying there would be one, unlike the supposed HD-DVD ad which was touted as being the beginning of a massive ad campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC5 View Post
That is BS. I saw the ad right after the half time started. It may not be one of the most memorable ads, but they were all weak this year IMO.

I have heard some areas never showed the ad, which means Fox might have screwed them twice in a months time.
Oh yea, Fox screwed them!
You have to be kidding, if they had bought ad time at $2.7 Million for 30 seconds there is no doubt at all that Fox would have played it.

I'm guessing the ad you saw was for American Gangster, that was not a HD-DVD ad it was for the SD-DVD.
There was about a 1 second flash at the end that said it was available on HD-DVD combo disc that's hardly a massive HD-DVD ad campaign!

There was no national ad & no matter how you try to spin it with all the build up of the supposed "massive ad campaign starting with the Super Bowl" it didn't happen.

The question now is why, did Paramount & Universal tell them something that made them pull the ad?

Last edited by TheMoose; 02-03-2008 at 10:14 PM..
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote