View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008   #216
PRO-630HD

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
What does it possibly matter?

The Fact is 3 weeks after the fire sale price drops HD-DVD is still getting killed by more than 5-1 in software sales, I don't know what they think a Super Bowl commercial is going to do, but I guess they will find out soon enough.
Hopefully a few more weeks of this & Universal & Paramount will use the escape clause & put an end to all this.
If all this doesn't work for Toshiba all they will have accomplished with the Super Bowl ad & fire sale prices is to sell a player that will have no support in the near future & this will not endear them to the consumers.
Who knows maybe this will spawn a bunch of Toshiba haters that will take over from all the Sony haters out there.
The fact is hddvd released nothing in terms of titles in the month of January. They have an incredibly weak slate so far through March. Universal and Paramount need to pick it up and fast.

My point is with this behavior of raising the prices of obsolete 1.0 players by $100 that never should have existed in the 1st place, getting rid of the 5 free disc offer, getting rid of the BOGO's the BDA has surplanted it's role in making sure Bluray becomes the laserdisc of the 21st century. Right now today people can download a 1080p HD film with a 10 mbps connection in about 4.5 hours. I don't see streamable content that far off. I prefer physical media but the BDA is shooting itself in the foot.
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links