View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008   #12
broadwayblue

Thumbs down Re: Harvey's Closes Flagship Manhattan Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Clue View Post
I have been in A/V stores where I got the "attitude" from the sales guys but I have always been treated with nothing but respect in that Harvey's store. I go in a few times a year, hardly enough for them to know me, and they have been very pleasant and helpful. They are in the mid to high-end home theater business. Why be mad at them for not stocking the lower end stuff?
I'm certainly not mad at them for not stocking the lower end stuff. Re-read my post and that should be clear. As I said, I am well aware the profit margins are just not there on the $1,500 lcd units. What I was upset about was the fact that when I went there as part of my front projector research and specifically mentioned that I was looking for an "affordable" unit, he immediately suggested a $10,000 model. It was if he didn't care what I was looking for and had the attitude that you couldn't really get quality for less. That's what upset me the most. I hate when people lie to me. I know very well that a 10k projector does not perform 5 times better than a 2k model...even 3 years ago. Just tell me that they don't carry the lower priced models. Or show me a 3k or 4k model and explain why it might be a better investment. But don't treat me like an idiot and tell me that a $10,000 projector is going to fit the needs of someone looking for something affordable.
broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links